Old Modern

SOLVED Go to solution
abmessage
Level 2
I have been with TPG (or related entities like wondercom) for a number of years. I still have the original supplied modern but it is now very old and out of date. I'm finding that it struggles in an apartment complex with lots of stronger modems in nearby units having much stronger signals. With more household devices connecting to wifi nowadays I also find that from time to time my devices have trouble connecting to it. I'm also wondering if the security on the modern is ok given recent advancements. Is there anyway to get a replacement modem through TPG? Or do I need to buy a new one? If I need to buy a new one, are there any restrictions/compatability issues that I need to know about when choosing one? I'd really rather just get one preconfigured through TPG but I can't seem to find anything on the website about replacing old modems.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mc_Gerald

Hi @abmessage,

Hope you're doing well. The modem/router has been shipped today. I sent you a private message with the tracking number. Metropolitan deliveries to capital cities are normally made on the next working day. Deliveries in other areas are normally made within 2 to 4 working days, depending on your location. 

Thanks for raising this matter and giving us the opportunity to help you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need further assistance. For future reference, you may utilise the following links below for some self help options:

Need help online? Please check our self help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Regards,
-Mc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Joseph_D

@abmessage  We can arrange to provide you with a new modem, but I was wondering if you would also be interested in changing to TPG FTTB plans listed on https://www.tpg.com.au/fttb.

If you are, please advise me and we'll have someone contact you.

Cheers,

Joseph D

abmessage
Level 2
Thanks Joseph. If you could arrange for a new modem that would be fantastic! How do I progress that? I'm actually currently on the TPG fttb medium plan ($69.99) plan and I'm happy with that.
Many thanks
Andrew
Mc_Gerald

Hi @abmessage,

Can you please send us a private message with the following details so I can send the request for equipment: 

Receiver of the consignment: 
Shipping Address:
Contact Number: 

Once approved, we will revert back to you via your community post or SMS with the tracking info. 

Regards,

-Mc

Mc_Gerald

Hi @abmessage,

Hope you're doing well. The modem/router has been shipped today. I sent you a private message with the tracking number. Metropolitan deliveries to capital cities are normally made on the next working day. Deliveries in other areas are normally made within 2 to 4 working days, depending on your location. 

Thanks for raising this matter and giving us the opportunity to help you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need further assistance. For future reference, you may utilise the following links below for some self help options:

Need help online? Please check our self help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Regards,
-Mc

abmessage
Level 2
Thanks so much! I really appreciate all the help.
Shane

Hi @abmessage,

You're always welcome for any queries in the future do not hesitate to drop us a message or create a thread here in our community.

Cheers!