Outdated Modem

ninothin
Level 2

We've been with TPG for a long while, and our Huawei modem (HG658) is getting a little old. It becomes unresponsive a couple of times a week and needs a restart. Would it be possible to have it replaced?

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @ninothin

Connection issues can be caused by many factors; some of those include performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events, your hardware and software configuration.

I've ran a remote test and result showed that the modem is connected for more than a month now. Rebooting the modem is one of the basic troubleshooting for most internet problems. Modems are like any other electronic devices, it is not built to be running at all times. One of the reasons why we advise this is that when you leave your modem on for too long, it will tend to stop performing at its best. 

Let us know how the connection goes after the reboot so we can check for any underlying connection issues. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

We've been with TPG for a long while, and our Huawei modem (HG658) is getting a little old. It becomes unresponsive a couple of times a week and needs a restart. Would it be possible to have it replaced?

ninothin
Level 2

My apoplogies, I should have been more specific, or not mentioned the sporatic faults at all. This happens with the wifi. Wired connection faults have happened in the past, but are not as common. Leaving the area or rebooting devices will have the device appear to reconnect but not able to access the network. I just toggle the wireless using the gateways control panel to restore functionality. 

I understand that this may not be the fault of the modem, and wasn't my main reason for contact. My concern is that the modem itself is getting pretty old and outdated. The HG658 appears to have been released around 2013. I do not have the date that I received the modem, nor the production date. (If you are able, could you PM me this information?)

Considering it's age, I was hoping to have it replaced with something comparable to those being provided currently by TPG and other ISPs.

Angeli

Hi @ninothin

I'll coordinate your request for modem replacement with our Logistics Team. Kindly send me a private message with the following:

Recipient's name and contact number: 

Preferred Delivery address:

A $10 shipping fee will apply should this request is approved. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Angeli