PS4 connection

STORMY
Level 2

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as i am. Everytime i want to connect my play station 4 to the internet it says its unable to connect but as soon as i reboot the modem it works every time, most frustrating...can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @STORMY,

Welcome to TPG community!

We'd like to analyze your concern further. Are you trying to connect your PS4 via WiFi connection? The error that you received was that when you try to connect your PS4 via WiFi or you are already trying to connect to the internet?

If you are using a WiFi connection, it is possible that the WiFi signal on your modem needs to improve. Here's a community link that provides instructions on how to improve your WiFi connection at home.

Keep us posted if there's any improvement after changing some settings on your WiFi modem.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

STORMY
Level 2

Hi thanks for the reply. The PS4 finds the wifi ok but will not connect to the server. It trys for awhile but then it says it has timed out without a reply from the server,dont know whether this helps or not?

BasilDV

Thank you @STORMY,

How's your other device which connects to your WiFi? Do they experience the same thing or they connect to the internet fine without the need of restarting the modem?

BasilDV

STORMY
Level 2

Both my phones, foxtel, computer , TV & my sons xbox  all connect fine. My phone is connected to the 2.4 g wifi all the others are 5g & the PS4 is 2.4 as it doesnt recognize the 5g.I can switch between both with my other appliances without a problem I just use the 5g as it is faster

BasilDV

Great to know that.

So that means that there's no issue with your modem WiFi @STORMY. It seems that only the PS4 is having a problem connecting with the service right away even though it recognizes the WiFi connection.

You can still try to change some settings with your 2.4 GHz WiFi connection to check if it's going to help us improve your connection with your PS4. You may visit the link that I've provided for some instructions.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

grante26
Level 2
Same thing is happening to me.
The playroom has always worked until now. Only connects back to the wifi once I reboot the router.
Can you please update my firmware to the latest version
Ahra_G

Hi @grante26

We can update your modem's firmware if need be however, it is also best to check whether there is any underlying connection issues. 

Let us have your Customer ID or username viaprivate message so we can assist you accordingly. 

Thanks!