TPG Community

Get online support

Powerline Adaptor Has Been Having Issues Since Coronavirus (Slow Speeds + Regular Disconnects)

WorkFromHomo
Level 2

I think TPG has deleted my last post which detailed the same content in this post. Which I am curious to why they did that.

I own a TP-LINK 8033P powerline adapter. It has been working perfectly fine with no issues since I bought it 4 months ago. No disconnects and super fast download speeds. It is connected to my main PC that I use.

I live in Clarinda, South East Melbourne.

Since coronavirus started, I have been experiencing slow speeds and regular disconnects every hour on the powerline adaptor. Also around 7pm-11pm I have been experiencing very slow internet speeds (2-7mbps)on top of the regular disconnects on my PC which is connected to my powerline adapter. Strangely, devices connected to Wifi are working perfectly fine. I pay $69.99 for the NBN 50 package.

I originally thought it was my powerline adapter that may have become faulty or damaged and I got it replaced today, and at 7pm today the problems started happening again even with a brand new device.

I would like some answers please.

5 REPLIES 5
KarlB

Hi @WorkFromHomo,

Sorry to hear you’re having problems with your TP-LINK 8033P powerline adapter.

-What happens when you connect direct to the modem via LAN or Wi-Fi is the connection stable?

-If your powerline adapter is going through a power board have you tried bypassing it?

-Have you tried another power point?

TPG cannot offer detailed technical support for all hardware. I would recommend if the above does not help, that you contact the hardware manufacturer.

Regards,

Karl

WorkFromHomo
Level 2
I can not try LAN as my PC is too far away from the router. Wifi connection is stable but mostly slow during peak times. The powerline adapter works perfectly fine during non peak time hours. They are directly plugged to the wall socket and not on a powerboard. This problem has only started recenty.
KarlB

Hi @WorkFromHomo,

If the service is working fine with your Wi-Fi it doesn't sound like the issue is with your TPG service or modem, and more than likely an issue with your Powerline Adapter device. I recommend you contact the manufacturer of your TP-LINK 8033P powerline adapter.

Regards,

Karl

WorkFromHomo
Level 2
Also, I went to the store and got my powerline adapter replace yesterday because I too, thought it was faulty. I installed my new, replacement powerline adapter and I am getting the same problem.
WorkFromHomo
Level 2
If we can not actually have a proper live conversation and fix this issue. I will be changing ISP tomorrow.