TPG Community

Get online support

Recommended 4G USB dongle for VR1600V router

mcudogs
Level 2

I have a TP Link Archer VR1600v router for my NBN and the connection is failing regularly lately.

I would like to setup a 4G connection as a backup to the NBN and would like to know what I should buy.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mcudogs,

We do not offer a 4G back up and our supplied modem/router do not support that feature. Let us help check what causing issues with the service and get to the bottom of this. Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I have a TP Link Archer VR1600v router for my NBN and the connection is failing regularly lately.

I would like to setup a 4G connection as a backup to the NBN and would like to know what I should buy.

mcudogs
Level 2

There is no problem with the TPG equipment or systems, the problem is with the inferior NBN technology that our previous government have saddled us with. I think that TPG should be providing a backup service as part of a responsible service delivery. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We appreciate your feedback and hoping that soon TPG will also offer a backup service. On the other hand, what type of NBN technology do you have right now? We can check if the area is part of the NBN FTTP upgrade program. If you wish to proceed, feel free to send us your details.

Regards,

There is no problem with the TPG equipment or systems, the problem is with the inferior NBN technology that our previous government have saddled us with. I think that TPG should be providing a backup service as part of a responsible service delivery.