TPG Community

Get online support

Tplink Archer VR1600v v2.0

robferrara
Level 2

Hi all,

please I need the new firmware for my TPlink Archer VR1600v v2.0 becouse the WIFI not work properly:

Ardware version: Archer VR1600v v2.0 00000000

Firmware version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @robferrara,

We can confirm that the modem/router has the latest firmware version.

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

robferrara
Level 2

Ok thanks for your answer,

I reset the router several times, changed the wifi channel, the modem is connected to the NBN network regularly and everything connected to the router with LAN cable works fine.
The 5GHz wifi network works on all Macs and Iphones but the wifi antenna of the pc and the videosurveillance cameras that work with the 2.5Ghz network do not see the wifi.
What can I do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @robferrara,

Since we have proven that the internet and Wi-Fi network are working with MACs and iPhones, it is best to contact the manufacturer's support for video surveillance cameras to get proper support and troubleshooting.

Regards,

Ok thanks for your answer,

I reset the router several times, changed the wifi channel, the modem is connected to the NBN network regularly and everything connected to the router with LAN cable works fine.
The 5GHz wifi network works on all Macs and Iphones but the wifi antenna of the pc and the videosurveillance cameras that work with the 2.5Ghz network do not see the wifi.
What can I do?

david64
Master

Hi @robferrara . On the VR1600, is the 2.4G indicator light on?. If not, it has to be enabled in the router admin.

If it is on, the transmitter might be broken. Can your devices currently on 5G band also see the 2.4G band?