TPG Community

Get online support

Replacement of faulty modem router under warranty

pcky1
Level 2

I have used TP-Link Archer VR1600v ver 2.0 for over a year now and it died suddenly today. There is no LED lights at all even though I tried to change to other power outlet and held the reset button/hole. I'm not sure it's the original power adapter or the modem itself as I don't have another power adapter for testing.

Is TPG the right place to ask for replacement? Or I have to approach TP-Link direct instead of TPG...

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @pcky1,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that the modem/router is no longer working, I would love to help get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation and to check options please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I have used TP-Link Archer VR1600v ver 2.0 for over a year now and it died suddenly today. There is no LED lights at all even though I tried to change to other power outlet and held the reset button/hole. I'm not sure it's the original power adapter or the modem itself as I don't have another power adapter for testing.

Is TPG the right place to ask for replacement? Or I have to approach TP-Link direct instead of TPG...

twt510
Level 2

Hi there,

My modem start restarting itself since last week and internet drop issue for a while now. All the problem is because of the modem hardware problem. I just wondering how long is the modem warranty period? My modem is under 2 years old and it is Tp Link 1600. 

Also, If i decide to port to other NBN company, do I need to give TPG notice of period?

Thanks,

Aubrey

Hi @twt510,

We provide 1 year warranty for the modem. But let's check out other options on how you can get replacement. Could you PM us and confirm your address? 

If you ever switch providers, you are required to provide at least 30 days notice period.

Cheers!