TPG Community

Get online support

Request firmware update for Archer VR1600v WiFi Router

Riezl

Hi @poliwiwi, as advised via PM, your modem has the latest firmware. When you say that you have reset the modem to default, did you press the pinhole/reset button on the modem?

poliwiwi
Level 2

I never said that I've resetted the modem to default?

Riezl

Apologies, @poliwiwi. I have overlooked your message. It says that you have not done a factory reset.

We can try to do it to check if it will do the trick, but we'd like to set your expectation that it will return the modem to its factory default settings. If you have customised your Wi-Fi name and password including the modem log in, that will be erased and you may need to reconnect your device to the default Wi-Fi name and use the default password.

poliwiwi
Level 2

Okay. Is this an attempt to fix my 5Ghz? Will voip be affected?

Riezl

Yes, @poliwiwi. Your modem is pre-configured and it will just automatically connect to the server once you reset it to default.

Your VoIP will be affected temporarily.

poliwiwi
Level 2

Okay sure. So are you suggestign I should factory reset the modem and let it automatically reconnect and everything should work fine?

Riezl

Yes, @poliwiwi. That's how the TPG supplied modem, TP Link VR1600v is designed. In case you experience connectivity issues afterwards, please let us know.