TPG Community

Get online support

Request for new NBN wireless router with Voip.

Jakov007
Level 2

Dear all,

My current $99 TPG NBN wireless Voip router performing very bad Wi-Fi connection for large double storey home mostly with no signal most of time.

I am planning to buy new powerful NBN wireless Voip router.

Can anyone please reply which one the TPG will accept, or doesnt matter.

I am looking forward for your reply.

Regards,

Jakov

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @Jakov007

Welcome to the Community! 

Certainly not good to know that you weren't able to fully utilise the service due to Wi-Fi limitation. Regarding your query, we actually do not recommend any specific brand of equipment, so long as it will be NBN compatible. 

Moreover, for security reasons, the home phone component of your bundle is encrypted and requires the use of our modem to make and receive phone calls. That is another thing that you may need to consider should you really wish to use a 3rd party equipment. 

You might need to first try changing the Wi-Fi channel of your modem. A WiFi repeater could also be a solution for you. A WiFi repeater or extender is used to extend the coverage area of your WiFi network. It works by receiving your existing WiFi signal, amplifying it and then transmitting the boosted signal. 

Here are some of our helpful articles about Wi-Fi connection:

If the issue still persists, we can have our Technical Team to contact and assist you in changing the settings of the modem or in checking for other alternative to improve your Wi-Fi connection. 

Cheers!