TPG Community

Get online support

Return faulty router under warranty

sixingshu88
Level 2

Hi,

My TP-Link router AC-1200 bought from TPG together with the plan is faulty. WiFi does not transmit/receive. Can't see SSID.

Where should I send back for replacement?

Thank you.

Xingshu Si

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @sixingshu88,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and further check if the modem is really faulty.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

sixingshu88
Level 2

Thanks for your reply. I am a computer user with good knowledge of networking. The internet connection of the router is working properly, just no WiFi transmission. I used another router and plugged in the original rounter's network for WiFi signal transmission, everything work fine then.

I log into the web console of the router, options for turning on/off the 2.4G and 5G became unselectable. I believe that the router's WiFi moudle was faulty.

I called TPG twice, they said they will email me the return procedure email. But I waited two days, no email received.

What can I do then? I don't know.

Riezl

Thanks for sending the details via PM. May we know if you have tried to perform a hard reset?

sixingshu88
Level 2

No, I didn't try hard reset. I know it won't work as the WiFi signal drops frequently especially the 5G band when it was working before, so I know the WiFi may have problem.

Also, I am worrying if I hard reset the router, I cannot set up the correct parameters for the dial up.

Ahra_G

I understand and thanks for confirming, @sixingshu88.

I have organised a call back to be made tomorrow, 27 May 2021 between 9-11AM AEST. from our Technical team for assistance and also to check for any underlying connection issue.

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app 

Regards,

Ahra_G