TPG Community

Get online support

Router behaving erratically

hianchan2
Level 3

My internet service started playing up the last 3-4 days.  The problems seems to be illogical including:

• 3G working but 5G not working from the primary router most of the time. 
  • Internet dropout at for a couple of minutes each time. 
  • Internet dropout for longer but comes back when I power off/on the router.
  • Internet available on secondary router 5G not available from main router 5G

I have tried rebooting by signing to the router as admin. Not sure if this is the same as turning on and off.    I have powered it off/on many times. Only thing I haven't tried is a hard reset.  I am not sure if this will work.  I am leaving this as a last resort as it means I have reconfig, SSID, passwords, all my devices etc.

Any advice or things to try?

In the photos, the TPLink router (AC1600) is the primary router from TPG,  the secondary router is

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Let us help identify the root cause of these connection issues and fix this ASAP. Could you send us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

My internet service started playing up the last 3-4 days.  The problems seems to be illogical including:

• 3G working but 5G not working from the primary router most of the time.
  • Internet dropout at for a couple of minutes each time.
  • Internet dropout for longer but comes back when I power off/on the router.
  • Internet available on secondary router 5G not available from main router 5G

I have tried rebooting by signing to the router as admin. Not sure if this is the same as turning on and off.    I have powered it off/on many times. Only thing I haven't tried is a hard reset.  I am not sure if this will work.  I am leaving this as a last resort as it means I have reconfig, SSID, passwords, all my devices etc.

Any advice or things to try?

In the photos, the TPLink router (AC1600) is the primary router from TPG,  the secondary router is