TPG Community

Get online support

Router won't connect to the internet

SOLVED Go to solution
CameronViolet
Level 2
So NBN recently went down in my street and I made the mistake of thinking that it was a router issue. I completely reset the router settings and once NBN connection was restored, I still didn't have internet. It says
Internet Connection: Connecting
and doesn't ever change. Someone please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@CameronViolet . You are on HFC with black Arris box. 

Which ethernet port on the Arris are you using? Is it the same as before?

If you look closely at the ethernet port being used on Arris, what colour is the light? Green or amber?

The only option for the router config is the plan you are on. The article above is suitable for bundled NBN/VOIP plan even if you don't use the phone. If you are on BYO router data-only plan or Superfast/Ultrafast speed, VLAN ID is not used so ignore that part of the setup.

There might be something useful in the AX6000 System Log.

Go to Advanced > System Tools > System Log.

Click Save Log to save the system logs to a file on your computer or device.

Copy and paste the last part of the log in your reply.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
david64
Level 15

Hi @CameronViolet . What type of NBN connection do you have ?

What model router?

Settings are PPPoE, username + @tpg.com.au and password.

You may need to set VLAN ID = 2.

CameronViolet
Level 2
I have a TP-Link Archer AX6000 and the internet connection type is Dynamic IP. It's been completely reset so all default settings
david64
Level 15

@CameronViolet . You can use this iiNet article to guide you in setting up the router with the above settings. It is also for FTTC.

https://help.iinet.net.au/how-set-tp-link-ax6000-nbn-hfc

CameronViolet
Level 2
So I went through the steps and it still doesn't doesn't connect me to the internet. With default settings I don't have an IP address, i've got all 0.0.0.0's.
david64
Level 15

@CameronViolet . Can you tell me what lights are lit on the NBN box and on the router?

CameronViolet
Level 2
On the NBN Box all four lights are lit up and green, on the router the light is red.
david64
Level 15

@CameronViolet . You are on HFC with black Arris box. 

Which ethernet port on the Arris are you using? Is it the same as before?

If you look closely at the ethernet port being used on Arris, what colour is the light? Green or amber?

The only option for the router config is the plan you are on. The article above is suitable for bundled NBN/VOIP plan even if you don't use the phone. If you are on BYO router data-only plan or Superfast/Ultrafast speed, VLAN ID is not used so ignore that part of the setup.

There might be something useful in the AX6000 System Log.

Go to Advanced > System Tools > System Log.

Click Save Log to save the system logs to a file on your computer or device.

Copy and paste the last part of the log in your reply.

david64
Level 15

@CameronViolet . Which part of that was the solution?