TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom 5866T 5G modem - WiFi settings

madzilla2k
Level 2

This is the second Sagemcom 5866T 5G modem i received from TPG and it still has an issue with the WiFi settings menu disappearing from the settings page.

Last time i checked the Community, using a custom admin password to the modem was the issue.When the replacement modem arrived, I left the admin password as default. Well, that didnt work either. WiFi settings menu disappeared again.

Cant reset the modem all the time for me to see the WiFi settings again.

Any real fix on this?

14 REPLIES 14
Daisy_Dhen

Hi @madzilla2k, 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We'd love to help get to the bottom of this, shoot me a Private Message with your TPG username or customer together with your preferred contact number and time. We'll have one of our technicians to contact you for further assistance on your modem settings. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Regards, 

Daisy_Dhen

WAPF
Level 2

Hi Madzilla

I've got the exact same problem as you, did you ever end up fixing the problem? If so, please let me know how.

Thanks

WAPF

BasilDV

Hi @WAPF

Have you tried to factory reset the modem/router?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV

binghuodao
Level 2

It looks like I've got similar issue, that my old Mi A1 phone won't work with new 5G modem, phone wifi works with other router, new phones (Motorola and OPPO) work with 5G modem

Shane

Hi @binghuodao,

We're you able to check the supported Wi-Fi network of the old Mi phone? In the event that it does not support new Wireless Network connection that means the device cannot connect with the newer modem/router that comes with the latest technology.

Regards,

It looks like I've got similar issue, that my old Mi A1 phone won't work with new 5G modem, phone wifi works with other router, new phones (Motorola and OPPO) work with 5G modem

binghuodao
Level 2

Hi @Shane 

Thanks for the reply, the Mi A1 supports both 2.4G and 5G, it works with other router on both bands without issue, current work around is to have a router enable WPS bridging

@Shane wrote:

Hi @binghuodao,

We're you able to check the supported Wi-Fi network of the old Mi phone? In the event that it does not support new Wireless Network connection that means the device cannot connect with the newer modem/router that comes with the latest technology.

Regards,

mrhoades
Level 2

I have the same problem. I don't want to have to reset the modem back to factory defaults as I don't know the settings to reconnect. Is there a solution to this issue?

BasilDV

Hi @mrhoades

The modem/router is preconfigured with the internet settings.

If you'll factory reset the device, the only settings that will go back to default are the ones you've changed like WiFi name, password, etc.

Once done and the issue is not resolved, just send me a PM with your account details.

BasilDV

mhutchz1
Level 3
I have the same problem - no access control (see attached screenshots), can't see any devices connected to wifi and can't change any wifi setting. Please fix.