Sagemcom 5866T modem

gopiatweb84
Level 2
I've setup my 5G modem and managed to connect to high speed internet (thankfully).

However, I can't seem to be able to change the WiFi name and password by logging into 192.168.1.1 portal (tried admin for user name and password). How do I do it?

Also, how do I configure/connect my SSD to the modem? I see there's a USB-C port on the backside.

Strangely enough I can't seem to find any reference to Sagemcom 5866T out on the Web (except for TPG community page). So can't seem to find much info on this modem.
5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi @gopiatweb84

Welcome to TPG Community! 

Please go to http://192.168.1.1 and refer to the log in details that can be found on the box or at back of your Sagemcom modem. You can go to the Basic Tab as this where you can check the status of each Wi-Fi band and configure their SSID and password. Our Team is already working on a new firmware to fix USB Type C function, but there's no ETA as of the moment. Once it is available, we'll provide an update in the Community.

Regards, 

Angeli

gopiatweb84
Level 2
Hello,

I could not find any credentials on the back of the modem or on the bix. The key credentials provided were the SSID/Wifi user name password.

Tha default user id/password of admin/admin doesn't seem to work.
gopiatweb84
Level 2
Hey mate,

I've got the link. It's the credentials that I am after.

Default userid /password of admin/admin forgot seem to work for me.
BasilDV

Hi @gopiatweb84

Are you still not able to login to your modem interface?

Could you provide a picture of the back and bottom part of the modem/router for us to check if there's any label or sticker on it?

The user ID is admin, but the password is different and has a label of Web login.

BasilDV