TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem issues

dazza3
Level 2

TPG seem to have made a monumental error when rolling out these 5G modems. Many homes these days are extensively wifi connected. My smart home setup and wifi extenders dont donnect to this modem. I didnt even try connecting solar inverters as I gave up in frustration. Did TPG do any research on this and advise customers of the issues before sending out these modems and pressuring customers to connect them? Perhaps ask customers what setups they have and see if they will work before just sending out and hoping for the best. After trying 2 modems (as I thought the first was faulty) there is no point contunuing to try and use it. I'm sure I'm not the only one having these problems

1 REPLY 1
david64
Master

@dazza3 . A year or two ago now, TPG seems ro have introduced a bug into Sagemcom firmware affecting wifi connectivity. Several users reported a sudden failure to connect wifi devices. Unless TPG has fixed the firmware, the only solution has been to use the old router as a wifi access point connected to Sagemcom.