TPG Community

Get online support

Setting up a Bridge on Archer vr1600 version 2 with Google Wifi new customer

guzzler
Level 2

Hi, I am a new TPG customer, moving away from Telstra NBN. I have an TPG NBN install date tomorrow so want to get started and up and running. I purchased their Archer vr1600 version 2 modem/router.

TPG sold their internet to me advising I could link my Google Wifi (not Google Nest). Google Wifi currently works fine with Telstra, by turning on bridge mode within the modem/router.

I have spend some time on hold to phone support asking for a manual or instruction how to do this and Support have sent me to the Community pages. 

I have seen a number of message boards dated over the last 1-4 years advising this is possible & is not possible, and am confused. I have received a version 2 modem (Jan21) so don't know if most of these posts are out of date for an older version 1 modem? Are there any more recent instructions or a definiative Y/N this can be done?

Appreciate any solution that will work before the install takes place.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @guzzler

The service that will not work if you bridge the modem/router that we provided is the VoIP that is bundled to your NBN plan.

It should work given that you follow the steps in the community link that you received.

BasilDV