TPG Community

Get online support

Still cant connect my New TPLink AX50 router

sb171294
Level 2
Have rung TPG support three times, run through settings, no luck and now TP Link three times, both sides say it is not their problem. TPG say it is a router problem. TP link say TPG is not allowing the router to access their server. Do I have any options other than the telecoms industry ombudsman?
2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @sb171294 . If your connection is FTTP, you only need PPPoE, username and password.

For other connection types, check your plan.

If bundled NBN/VOIP (even if you don't use phone), set VLAN ID=2.

If BYO router data only plan, same settings as FTTP.

This article explains how to set VLAN ID; see Manual Configuration step 6.

It is for AX10 but has same menu system as AX50.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-set-up-your-TP-Link-Archer-AX10-BYO-router...

Shane

We note that our Engineering Team has provided all the information with TPLink AX50 we will treat this as a complaint and coordinate this with our Complaints Resolution Team. Expect them to contact you via Email, Phone call or SMS.

Have rung TPG support three times, run through settings, no luck and now TP Link three times, both sides say it is not their problem. TPG say it is a router problem. TP link say TPG is not allowing the router to access their server. Do I have any options other than the telecoms industry ombudsman?