TPG Community

Get online support

TP Archer VR2100 connection issue

SOLVED Go to solution
Mjf
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am attempting to install a TP LINK AC2100 Archer VR2100v on NBN via TPG. I have tried TPG suggestions and it is not working. I also tried the previous settings posted by another person with the same issue. That did not work. 

I have one of those little black nbn hfc boxes with a cat 5 e plugged into LAN1 on the router modem.

The DSL orange is all I get on the modem router.

Could someone please help me sort this out for me?

thank you.

mick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mjf
Level 3
Level 3

Hi David,

I tried your suggestions this morning, and initally it did not work, but then based on the process below it worked!  So THANK YOU very much for your help Smiley Happy 

For anyone else who encounters this problem here is the fix in this order:

1. Reset the modem completely.

2. Goto Advanced > Operation Mode > Select Wireless Router Mode > Save

3. Goto Basic > Customer Vlan Tag > VLAN Tag: 2 > Connection Type: PPPoE > Username : Add your tpg email address > Password : Add your password > Save

Mick

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
BasilDV

Hi mick,

Before installing a device, have you received an email advising that your service has been installed?

Also, since you are using a router only device, do you know if you are under the NBN Data only plan (BYO router)?

Or if you are under the bundled VoIP and internet NBN plan?

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check this further.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

Hi @Mjf . The cable from the black box goes to LAN4/WAN port on VR2100, not LAN1.

Mjf
Level 3
Level 3

Hi David, I have changed it to wan/lan4 port and it still does not work. 

david64
Level 15

@Mjf . As the moderator says, there are considerations depending on your type of plan and whether it is ready to go.

You can try factory reset and see if the router can determine the connection type itself.

BasilDV

Hi @Mjf

Did you set the VLAN ID of the new router to 2? It shows that you are under the bundled VoIP and internet NBN plan.

Factory reset the new modem/router, then reconfigure it again. 

Please be advised that the bundled VoIP will not work on a third party modem/router, but the internet will work as long as you use the correct configuration.

BasilDV

Mjf
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Basil,

I will give that reset option another go.

I do not use voip services anyway.

Mick 

Mjf
Level 3
Level 3

The VLAN ID 2 did not work.

BasilDV

Hi @Mjf

Did you turn off and on the NBN NTD box? If yes, how many times today?

If not, did you notice that the light status of it goes off or flash?

We can see that the modem/router is trying to authenticate, but keeps on dropping.

BasilDV

Mjf
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Basil, 

I turned off nbn hfc box twice today. It went through its usual start up flashing light phase. I have four solid green lights on the hfc box.

I reset modem router twice . VLAN Id set to 2. 

still no connection 

mick