TPG Community

Get online support

TP-LINK AC1200 Installation and internet connection

SOLVED Go to solution
ZachjoeW
Level 3

Hi

I did all the correct hardware connections but just can't seem to connect to the internet even though the

internet is available (as shown by the green-lit internet icon on the front pnael of the router).

Each time I do the connection, I get a message that the broadband is configurating and will take at least 30 minutes. I waited for longer than that and nothing happens.

Please advise next steps. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @ZachjoeW 

I have request our Helpdesk Team to give you a callback today. But it looks like you just need to manually configure your router. You will need to update the password in your modem/router settings as per the link below. If you don’t feel comfortable updating your router setting, just wait for Helpdesk to call you back and they can step you through the steps.

https://www.tpg.com.au/helpdesk/pppoe/Modem_configuration_TPLINK_Win10.pdf

If you can't recall what your TPG password is, you can get your password sent out from the link below.

https://cyberstore.tpg.com.au/forgot_password.php

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
KarlB

Hi @ZachjoeW 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

ZachjoeW
Level 3

Hi Karl

Ho do I PM you? Can't find the settings.

Regards,

ZachjoeW

KarlB

Hi @ZachjoeW 

You can send me a PM by clicking on my username "KarlB" above and clicking "Send a Message"

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @ZachjoeW 

I can see your router has been connected for the last 19 hours, and your service should be working.

Are you trying to connect to the Internet via Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

Can you confirm you only have the TP-LINK AC1200 and don't have an old modem or router still powered on?

Can you please reboot your router and computer please?

Regards,

Karl

ZachjoeW
Level 3

Hi Karl

I am now using my old router as I could not connect with the new one.

I need some advice as what to do with the new router after the hardware connection.

Regards,

ZachjoeW

KarlB

Hi @ZachjoeW 

Ah ok so you have had your old router connected all this time. That would explain why I'm seeing the service online. Can you connect the new router so I can see what it is doing or not doing?

Regards,

Karl

ZachjoeW
Level 3

Hi Karl

OK. But once I disconnect, I will not have internet. So you will have to call me if I cannot connect.

I will try the connection now. Call me with what you can find.

Regards,

ZachjoeW

KarlB

Hi @ZachjoeW 

I'm sorry I will not be able to give you a call. I have requested for our HelpDesk Team to call you back later on today.

Regards,

Karl

ZachjoeW
Level 3
Hi Karl

This is what appears on my computer screen when I try to connect to the wifi.

Regards

ZachjoeW