TP LINK DECO M5

RammyRobin
Level 2

Hi Guys 

This is driving me mad.  I have a TP-Link VR1600v connected to the NBN by a black box Modem supplied by the NBN.

I purchased the M5 Deco units and have followed all the set up instructions without success.

As soon as the deco attempts to connect to the internet the light goes solid red and no internet connection is made.

I have the Deco unit plugged into a LAN port on the TP-Link VR1600v and the NBN modem plugged into the same port it always has been (WAN)

I connect to deco using the PPPOE option and use the username and password supplied by TPG for my account.  

The VLAN settings are set to off by default.

To be really honest, I'm just really stuck.  Anybody offer any assistance?

2 REPLIES 2
PeterW

Hi RammyRobin,

Thank you for your message today and for being a part of the TPG Community.

I have attached a link to help with you Deco setup, it includes a video of the setup to assist.

I hope that helps

Regards

PeterW

https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/deco/deco-m5/#tp-deco-app

peter_k

Hi

We do not support 3rd party devices as it can get quite compex.

You could try the following though.

It sounds like your M5 Deco's operate in a routed mode as opposed to a Access Point mode.

You could try bypassing the TP-Link Modem and connecting your M5 Deco directly to the LAN port on the NBN connection box.

Set the VLAN to 2 on your M5 Deco and maintain the PPPoE settings within the M5 Deco.

Obviously if you were using a TPG Home phone this would no longer work.

We can assume no resonsibility for your setup though as we do not support this 3rd party product.

I hope this may help you.

Regards,
Peter