TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link Archer VR1600V

bgibbins65
Level 2

Hello. I am having all sorts of poor performance issues lately and I suspect that the router firmware may need to be updated or that the device is actually starting to fail. The prinmary issues seem to be really patchy and even exceptionally slow transfer speeds on the 2.4 band. 

I have gone through typical fault finding exercises and rebooted both the Archer and the NBN NTU several times. When I use my phones wifi I can see that the 2.4 band is significantly lower than what I would expect. I have switched some of the household devices over to the 5Ghz band but this is not suitable in all cases due to the layout of the house and some of the devices in use.

When I look at the device now it also seems to not think there is any internet connection on the BAsic Status and yet on tegh advanced screens it is connected and of course I am using it to type this.

According to the device UI the device has the following details. Is it possible to get a firmware upgrade pushed to the device to see if that corrects anything?

thank-you in advance

Firmware Version:
0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware Version:
Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @bgibbins65,

Thanks for raising this to us. I can confirm that the modem/route has the latest firmware version.

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. 

We recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Hello. I am having all sorts of poor performance issues lately and I suspect that the router firmware may need to be updated or that the device is actually starting to fail. The prinmary issues seem to be really patchy and even exceptionally slow transfer speeds on the 2.4 band. 

I have gone through typical fault finding exercises and rebooted both the Archer and the NBN NTU several times. When I use my phones wifi I can see that the 2.4 band is significantly lower than what I would expect. I have switched some of the household devices over to the 5Ghz band but this is not suitable in all cases due to the layout of the house and some of the devices in use.

When I look at the device now it also seems to not think there is any internet connection on the BAsic Status and yet on tegh advanced screens it is connected and of course I am using it to type this.

According to the device UI the device has the following details. Is it possible to get a firmware upgrade pushed to the device to see if that corrects anything?

thank-you in advance

Firmware Version:
0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware Version:
Archer VR1600v v1 00000000