TPG Community

Get online support

TP Link VX420-G2h V1 Modem

Darrylmc
Level 2

Hi

I recently bought a TP Link VX420 -G2H off facebook marketplace to use with Aussie Broadband

It has firmware  is 2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 211106 Rel.36845n installed.

How do i get the latest "Firmware Version: 2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n" for it.

Am i out of luck because i am not with TPG? 

There is also no Telephony option either under advanced settings to configure it to use my VOIP service for Aussie BB? i have to use a lan conected device from them for it to work.

If anyone cah shed some light that would be great

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Darrylmc,

All TPG-supplied modems that come with a VoIP port can only be used with the TPG network.

Regards,

Hi

I recently bought a TP Link VX420 -G2H off facebook marketplace to use with Aussie Broadband

It has firmware  is 2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 211106 Rel.36845n installed.

How do i get the latest "Firmware Version: 2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n" for it.

Am i out of luck because i am not with TPG? 

There is also no Telephony option either under advanced settings to configure it to use my VOIP service for Aussie BB? i have to use a lan conected device from them for it to work.

If anyone cah shed some light that would be great

Cheers

Darrylmc
Level 2

so ther is no way to get the latest firmware for it?

Aubrey

Hi @Darrylmc, on our end, we can only push firmware updates to modems that are registered and currently connected to our system. 

digitalerr0r
Level 2

@Aubrey wrote:

Hi @Darrylmc, on our end, we can only push firmware updates to modems that are registered and currently connected to our system. 

note how he said OUR systems... as they're exclusively tied to you guys... so I'm guessing everyone has to deal with the locked upload rate for 5Mbps ... if they're not connected with you and hold the device.