TPG Community

Get online support

TP Link x5400 x72 - Router will not connect

jemmless
Level 2

Hola,

A few months ago my router stopped connecting to the nbn. So I have reverted to using the old supplied one, which is not ideal. Now i have had some time to look at it, have tried absolutely everything with no joy. It gives an red exclamation symbol and says check connection. Although i know this is ok as it works on the supplied router.

Does anyone else have this up and running. i have had it tested off site and am told that it works on a friends network. (Not sure if that was tpg forgot to ask) I am on a fast plan fwiw. I dont get the option to set the VLan ID.  Im on HFC connection. Is so frustrating as it worked really well when it did work for a while.

6 REPLIES 6
jemmless
Level 2

Btw have searched everywhere for guidance but no mention of x72 version.

BasilDV

Hi @jemmless

We'd like to check on your account in order to provide information on what you need to do to configure the device with your service.

Send me a PM with your account details.

BasilDV

Sally4
Level 2

Sorry to be a nuisance but I am trying to send a Private Message and have to do a Post before I can do that (apparently I have to be a "Level 2" registered user).  Hope this "Reply" of mine does that for me.

BasilDV

Hi @Sally4

We received your message and responded to it.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

BasilDV

Sally4
Level 2

Hi Basil,

I see that you have also replied more recently (3Jan23) on another thread (Title "Need VOIP settings - TP-Link Archer VR2100V" started by Vickitrew on 30-09-2022 06:00 PM which was an identical problem to mine) so it seems sensible for me to be replying to that, too.  Here is what you posted on 3Jan23:...

"... Be advised that the bundled VoIP service will only work with a TPG provided modem/router with dedicated firmware for our service... If you are using a third party device, then it will not work even though you've configured the SIP settings...If you really need the VoIP service, then you have the option to use the TPG provided modem/router and use the new device as an access point."

We really don't want to do this, as we have since installed very expensive hardware connected to our new 2100 modem to overcome the transmission problems previously inherent in the double brick walls in the centre of our house, and this works now!

The critical information for our plan is at https://www.tpg.com.au/forms/FTTN_SL.pdf.  There appears to be no restriction such as what you stated, viz. "only work with a TPG provided modem/router with dedicated firmware for our service".  And we pay $10 per month for the VoIP component of our Plan.  Furthermore, "the full terms and conditions for this service are available at www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions" but there was still no reference.

Can Tpg please find some way for us to use our new TP-Link Archer VR2100v modem for VoIP?  I am happy to pay for a technician to add the dedicated firmware to our new modem, at reasonable cost, if that is really necessary.  We are in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide.

Joseph_D

Hi Sally4,

You can use the TPG provided modem as the authenticating device or the one connected to the phone socket or NTD (Network Termination Device) and connect the home phone to the TPG provided modem, while your new device can be connected to the TPG provided modem's ethernet port and act as a router to connect your Local wired/wireless network.

Also added info, for customers who just want the NBN connection withouth home phone service they can choose NBN BYO plans posted on https://www.tpg.com.au/nbn

Kind regards,
Joseph D