TPG Community

Get online support

TPG supplied TP-Link Archer C1200 Firmware Update

alspa
Level 2

I have a TPG supplied TP-Link Archer C1200 router

Firmware Version - 1.0.0 Build 20170802 rel.81832 (EU)

Hardware Ver - Archer C1200 v1.0

Is there any Firmware Updates available and if so, how do I get them to install.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Aubrey

Welcome to TPG Community @alspa!

Let's get your equipment's firmware updated. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID and/or username.

Thanks! 

alspa
Level 2

Thank you. I have messaged you.

alspa
Level 2

Hi Aubrey,

I hadn't realised that TPG had pushed out the new firmware until I restarted my modem. Their must be something wrong. I am mostly unable to login to the Web GUI. Just sits ont he login page. I have factory reset the modem multiple times. Even when trying to configure the modem after a factory reset, it will freeze on the Web GUI, making it virtually impossible to setup. Would be great to go back to the previous version I was on as that was rock stable. Kicking myself for asking for an upgrade now, thinking it would give me additional functionality. I have managed to setup my TPG login details and setup my wireless networks and am using the router, but I am now unable to login to the Web GUI.

Aubrey

Hi @alspa,

It's weird that it's doing this after the upgrade. But is it the same thing regardless of the device or browser you're using?

Let's check on getting the old firmware back. Could you confirm the serial number and MAC address of your router? Please send it via private message.

Thanks! 

alspa
Level 2

Hi Audrey,

I had a spare Telstra Gateway Gen 2 lying around which I have configured and it is working very very well. I will leave it like this for the time being as the TP-Link device was very frustrating. Thanks for your help.

Shane

Hi @alspa,

In response from your message to one of my colleague.

We will take note of this aand in the event that you wish to proceed with the troubleshooting for the TP-Link we can do it any time. Feel free to create a new thread or send us a PM here in the community.

Have a lovely weekend!