TPG Community

Get online support

TPG supplied TP Link VR1600v freezes every 1 or 2 days!

ivanchoi83
Level 3

My 2 weeks old TP Link VR1600v modem is so instable, it freezes every one or two days. When it is stop working, wifi can't be connected no matter 2.4G or 5G and LAN connection is very slow. The modem setup page(192.168.1.1) won't work and an error message will come up. Power it down and reboot will fix the issue. But for a brand new modem, it shouldn't be like that! Just like last night, i rebooted it 2 times.

Is my modem faulty?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28
johnp

Hi

Please send me via Private Message your username , customer account number and or mobile phone number attached to this service so I can assist you .

John

@ivanchoi83 wrote:

My 2 weeks old TP Link VR1600v modem is so instable, it freezes every one or two days. When it is stop working, wifi can't be connected no matter 2.4G or 5G and LAN connection is very slow. The modem setup page(192.168.1.1) won't work and an error message will come up. Power it down and reboot will fix the issue. But for a brand new modem, it shouldn't be like that! Just like last night, i rebooted it 2 times.

Is my modem faulty?

Thanks.

sajalm

Hi,

Welcome to the community,

I can see you that one of our team member has already assisted you. You have also mention that you have already received ticket no. Pls wait for their call. 

Regards,

Sajal

ivanchoi83
Level 3
Hi,

Even with the new replacement modem, same thing just happened. I have to reboot it otherwise no internet connection but I can still connect to the wifi this time. Your line is fine. 100% sure it is the quality of the modem. I can see that I’m not the only one having the same issue.
chicaneau
Level 4

Joined TPG FTTB on Thursday, same thing is happening to me. Had another modem sent and the same issue occurs. Can trigger it to fault if I do a speedtest.net a few times. 

Did you get this resolved? Very frustrating having an unstable connection..

Regards,

chicaneau

BasilDV

Hi @chicaneau

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

chicaneau
Level 4

Thanks BasilDV, private message sent.

chicaneau
Level 4

router crashes.png

ivanchoi83
Level 3

Sent the test result to you TPG on 28/11, absolutly no reply even i sent a follow up email on 10/12. The below standard / inferior TP Link VR1600v just froze again the morning!

TPG still doesn't want to admit that the modem is poorly made and designed or contain bugs in the firmware.I asked for service cancellation but they want to charge me penalty even though they can't fix their issue. The next step will be talking to the ombudsman.