TPG Community

Get online support

TPG supplied modem router

akghoshal
Level 2
I have a TPG supplied modem router model number VX220-G2v. It is connected to the nbn and works fine. All I am trying to do is to improve WiFi coverage in some areas of the house by installing a compatible OneMesh wifi extender.

TPG Technical Support advised me yesterday that their modem router is already OneMesh enabled whereas TP Link Customer Help advised me this morning that only their model VX230-G2v is OneMesh enabled.

I am now puzzled. What is correct? Is the modem router VX220-G2v supplied by TPG is OneMesh enabled or not??

Shall be grateful for your advice
3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @akghoshal . Doesn't look like TPG is going to answer your question.

If you look at TP-Link website for VX220, there is no mention of Mesh, no user guide is provided, and only GPL source code (not firmware). This is in line with concept of providing this model to ISPs to customise the firmware, as TPG has done for the VOIP function. As they have also done to remove certain other functions.

For the VX230, it supports EasyMesh, the Support section has a user manual, and firmware.

Download the VX230 user manual and read the section on EasyMesh. See if your VX220 has anything like it.

akghoshal
Level 2
Thanks. I am still wating for a response from TPG. They state that they aim to answer technical queries within 4 hours!
BasilDV

Hi @akghoshal 

The TPG provided modem/router is not Mesh ready, but you can connect a mesh or any access points to it manually via WiFi or WPS.