TPG Community

Get online support

Third-Party Router - GWN7062 - unable to connect

comatots
Level 3

Hi there,

I have recently purchased a Grandstream GWN7062 router and am having difficulties getting it to connect via the NBN NTD.  We've input all required credentials and settings and still having no luck.

The only thing we have been unable to test is setting the VLAN ID up, as the router has a minimum range of 3 to 463, whereas everything I'm seeing online requires the VLAN ID to be set to 2. We've also tried various MAC addresses and other alternate setting combinations to no avail.

I sat on hold to support for well over an hour but no answer so I'm hoping someone else has this same device and can point me in the right direction? I know it definitely works with NBN as I purchased it after seeing how well it worked for my relative (different ISP though).

Thanks Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @comatots . What type of NBN connection do you have? VLAN ID is not used on FTTP connections.

If you have Bundled NBN/VOIP plan, it is set to 2. I didn't see the restriction on VLAN ID value in the user manual that you mention. The VLAN ID setting goes on the WAN setup.

Since you won't be able to use the VOIP phone on a third party router, you can convert your plan to Data Only plan (no VOIP) which doesn't use VLAN ID.

The use of VLAN ID varies among ISPs.

comatots
Level 3
Hi David,
I don’t have voice set up as far as I know so I wondered if it was even required. NBN is HFC.
david64
Level 15

@comatots . It all depends on the Plan. 

Bundled NBN/VOIP plan on HFC uses VLAN ID 2 even though you might not have had a phone connected.

Data Only plan does not use VLAN ID.

Disable VLAN Tag and see what happens.

Is this where you see the VLAN setting?   Network Settings → WAN → IPv4 Setting

Where does it say about restriction to 463?

comatots
Level 3
Hi David,

Current Plan: NBN Cable Broadband Unlimited Ultrafast
“TPG’s NBN Home Superfast and NBN Home Ultrafast plans are offered as a fixed broadband data-only service delivered via the National Broadband Network (NBN) using FTTP or HFC technology to the network boundary point of your premises.”

Re: VLAN ID - I think it was 463, or 1463, something random, but the main thing being the range doesn’t start until 3 so I can’t select 2 as the VLAN ID.
david64
Level 15

@comatots . The Superfast and Ultrafast data only plans don't use VLAN ID so just disable it.

comatots
Level 3
Will do, thank you Smiley Happy

Now to just work out what else is restricting the internet connection, cuz theoretically it should all be right.