TPG Community

Get online support

Too many requests, next try will take more time, for security reason

michaelmallett
Level 3

New 5g Sagemcom router will not let me log in.

I tried to change the admin password for my router. The first attempt told me to use a stronger password, so I did, and on trying to save it I was given an error (no further details).

I logged out as the admin panel was not loading, and since then, 5 hours ago, I am continually greeted with "Too many requests, next try will take more time, for security reason" whenever I try to log in. I have restarted the router, I have left it hours between attempts, I have tried all 3 passwords (even tho the form was never successful), I have used different devices, and nothing will let me into this stupid new router.

17 REPLIES 17
Rica_R

Hi, @michaelmallett.

Welcome to TPG Community!

May we know if you've tried resetting the modem after all these errors? Also, were you able to login to the modem page using a wired connection?

Regards, 

stewbasic
Level 2

Edit: Turns out I mixed up the wifi password with the admin password.

I have the same issue. Like OP, I tried to change the admin password and recieved an error, and now receive the error "Too many requests, next try will take more time, for security reason" (whichever password I try).

I used a pin to push the reset button on the bottom of the router to restore the original settings. I think it worked because the SSID was reset, but the admin login issue persists.

Shane

Hi @stewbasic,

Is the modem/router still able to connect to the internet? We do not recommend performing factory reset with our supplied 5G home broadband modem as it may cause connection issues.

Could you post a screenshot of the error message when updating the Modem's Admin Password and shoot me a PM with your details so we can coordinate this with our Team. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Edit: Turns out I mixed up the wifi password with the admin password.

I have the same issue. Like OP, I tried to change the admin password and recieved an error, and now receive the error "Too many requests, next try will take more time, for security reason" (whichever password I try).

I used a pin to push the reset button on the bottom of the router to restore the original settings. I think it worked because the SSID was reset, but the admin login issue persists.

michaelmallett
Level 3

Apologies for the delay. I ended up factory resetting the router and it worked ok. 

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @michaelmallett.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

nicolasoz
Level 2

Hi

Same issue when I change the default admin password.

The only I can do to regain access is to reset the password. What is the solution to be able to change the default admin password?

BasilDV

Hi @nicolasoz 

What is the make and model of your modem/router?

After factory reset, have you tried to change the admin password again?

BasilDV

nicolasoz
Level 2

Hi

My modem is: Sagemcom Fast 5855T

Yes I tried changing the admin password again on the modem after resetting it. Then I got again the error message "Too many requests, next try will take more time, for security reason".

I then had to reset the modem again in order to get admin access with the default password. 

This means we are unable to change the default admin password.
Fyi, I has the very same modem when I was a client of Vodafone 5G home internet and I was able to change this admin default password

BasilDV

After receiving the said error message after changing the admin details, have you tried to login using the new admin details if the device saved it or you factory reset it right away after receiving the said error message?

BasilDV