TPG Community

Get online support

Traffic monitor spurious data Archer VR1600v v2

ocd-adel
Level 2

Dear all 

I have been on TPG NBN HFC for about 2 months and observered stange traffic on disconnected  LAN ports. I was monotoring traffic as I had seen reports of bad performance of NBN and HFC but I must admit having a stable and good speed with Speedtest.

TP-LINK AU brushed it off since the frimware is a TPG version. TPG support told me to reset the router but I refused as there is no backup/restore option and I have 8 devices with fixed IPs and other tweaks so I rebooted the device at 9:00 11/10/2019 with wifi disabled and only one LAN port connected to another access point - to cut down on number of variables.

Attached are 2 screenshots about 5 dours apart 4 days after the reboot.

The access point is on LAN 4 and compare it to the ewan_pppoe data.

Has anyone seen similar behaviour?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ocd-adel
Level 2

Update 

Traffic monitor stopped logging traffic last night so I have reset the counters again.  In the system log there were ppp3 errors (see attached) that I had not seen before. Previous logs just had VOIP, DHCP and DSL retraining entries.

Seems someting went down around 4 am. 

Riezl

Hi @ocd-adel,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Were you able to monitor without the access point connected? If so, what's the result?

ocd-adel
Level 2

The disconnection lasted 3 minutes from 04:40 to 04:43 and it seemed to stop the traffic monitor logging any traffic - it flat lined at zero rx and zero tx. Using the web interface I reset the traffic data and the logging traffic resumed.

I assume something happened on the HFC connection - the first I have encountered.

Thanks

Ahra_G

Good to hear that there were some improvements already on the status of the connection, @ocd-adel

Should the issue persists, feel free to reach out to us again. 

Regards,

Ahra_G