Uniden appcam35

Steff
Level 2
Cant connect my uniden app cam 35 to my huawei 659 modem..ssid broadcastin is on...dhcp is..enabled..tried turnin off firewall no help..i had same modem from dodo which worked fine...any ideas thanks?
7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @Steff,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Are you able to connect your other devices to the WiFi of the Huawei modem? If they are able to connect, then there's nothing wrong with the modem.

We need to focus on the configuration of your Unidem app cam 35. Since you were using the same modem before with a different ISP, means the configuration might be different. Have you tried resetting the Uniden cam back to its default settings? You might need to reconfigure the settings again.

If it's still not working, please provide us the screenshot of the error message for us to analyze this further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Steff
Level 2
Uniden camera uses an app..just says failed to connect.. ...modem has been reset.all other devices have connected..appcam 26 camera connected so is my laptop..ph..tv..
BasilDV

Hi @Steff,

Thank you for the information. When you tried to connect the appcam using the application, does it ask for the WiFi password? Or does it give you a straight error which says "failed to connect"?

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the Unidem appcam 35? What troubleshooting have you done with them?

Please provide us screenshot so we can analyze the situation further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Steff
Level 2
Yes it asks for password on the app itself..uniden help desk is overseas and they keep tellin me to ask my isp to allow port forwardin which they have done
I think i need to tweek settings on modem but not sure which ones...firewall is set at low..i even turned it off to try an connect but no luck
Shane

Hi @Steff,

Proven the fact that other device(s) is connected through wireless connection there is a chance that your camera requires certain modem specification; but if your camera provider advised you to allow the port forwarding of Huawei HG659.

You can visit this link for more details. Port Forwarding on the HG 659

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Steff
Level 2
Sad to say it got the better of me and i ended up gettin a 15 metre ethernet cable..and yes that works fine...thanxs for ya help guys
Ahra_G

We're glad to hear that it's all wotking now, Steff

Please feel free to contact us again should any assistance arise. 

Cheers!