TPG Community

Get online support

Using Wavlink router with PPPoE

benjamindundon
Level 3
After my Archer V1600 finally totally kicked the bucket, I've replaced it with a Wavlink AX1800. I have FTTP so I was told a router is all I need as the connection box is the modem. I'm trying to connect over PPPoE like my Archer was previously, but I can't seem to reach the internet, are there further steps I need to take to get TPG to connect it, or is it more likely to be a device issue?
9 REPLIES 9
david64
Level 15

@benjamindundon . What is the full model name of the unit? Wavlink have a few models with AX1800.

benjamindundon
Level 3

@david64  it's the AX1800 WiFi 6 EasyMesh Router

david64
Level 15

@benjamindundon . Can't find a manual for this. The only settings shoud be PPPoE, username and password. With FTTP, VLAN function should be disabled.

What is the state of the lights on the FTTP box?

benjamindundon
Level 3
All the lights on the connection box are on and stable, and when I plug the old router in it "works" (as well as it can ofc). The VLAN setting is off, but it's possible I've got the wrong credentials. I copied the username and password from my old router, but those are different from my TPG logins, which the official TPG docs say are what I should use?
david64
Level 15

@benjamindundon . Try your username with and without @tpg.com.au.

Does the Wavlink have a System Log? If it does, you might see the username and password when it connects. Compare with the System Log on the VR1600 re username and password.

Otherwise the moderator has to check with the central server to see if the Wavlink is trying to authenticate.

benjamindundon
Level 3

@david64seems like no combination of username and password is working, and I can't seem to get logs either. Honestly at this point I'm thinking I'll just return it and get something else - it clearly doesn't work in the way advertised.

david64
Level 15

@benjamindundon . You say the VR1600 has totally kicked the bucket, but works as well as it can.

Is it still able to get an internet connection?

If not, you can't tell if there might be a problem at TPG end.

BasilDV

Hi @benjamindundon 

Have you tried to use the TPG Username and Password that you utilise to login to your TPG My Account?

If not, try it first. Also, you may consider factory resetting the new router first to be sure that you are starting fresh.

If it's still not working, then send us a private message with your account details for checking.

BasilDV

benjamindundon
Level 3
Hey @BasilDV - I've done both unfortunately, and it doesn't seem to have helped. I'll send you a PM now.