TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v router country code

Julian
Level 2

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a configurational setting in the VR1600v for a country code to be broadcast in wifi networks please? I ask because some MAC computers' Broadcom NICs pick this up and if it's a code that conflicts with the actual location it can cause loss of internet connectivity (just for the MAC, not for other devices connect to the router). Any help gratefully received. Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Julian ,

We raised this with our Engineering Team to check if it is possible to change the country code of our supplied modem. We will provide you a feedback on this thread when it becomes available.

Regards,

@Julian wrote:

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a configurational setting in the VR1600v for a country code to be broadcast in wifi networks please? I ask because some MAC computers' Broadcom NICs pick this up and if it's a code that conflicts with the actual location it can cause loss of internet connectivity (just for the MAC, not for other devices connect to the router). Any help gratefully received. Smiley Happy

Julian
Level 2

Thanks Shane. I have also contacted TP-LINK support who barely knew what I was talking about to begin with. This is about support for the 802.11d wi-fi standard and I assume that the VR1600 doesn't have that. Many routers no longer support 802.11d so this isn't a great surprise. To be frank, I doubt you'll have much luck with the engineering team as it would presumably mean new firmware. But thank you for responding and raising the issue with your team.

Shane

You're welcome, @Julian

I am still waiting for their feedback, hopefully our Engineers can provide tips on how to tweak the Wi-Fi network.

Regards,

Thanks Shane. I have also contacted TP-LINK support who barely knew what I was talking about to begin with. This is about support for the 802.11d wi-fi standard and I assume that the VR1600 doesn't have that. Many routers no longer support 802.11d so this isn't a great surprise. To be frank, I doubt you'll have much luck with the engineering team as it would presumably mean new firmware. But thank you for responding and raising the issue with your team.