VX220-G2V

jilagan
Level 2
Hi

Just having issues with having to reboot my router daily. I’ve recently upgraded to FTTP and had access points installed (TP Link EAP 225). The routers wifi has been disabled to accommodate the setup of the access points. Each morning I’m having to reboot the router although it’s still showing that the router is connected to the internet as well as the access points. However it’s showing up as there is no wifi/internet connection when say using my phone. Is there a setting I need to change on the router to fix this daily issue? Appreciate your help. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @jilagan

Welcome to the Community!

Before rebooting the router, did you try to reboot the access points first, then test the connection?

Have you tried to enable the wifi of the main router and connect to it to confirm that the internet wasn't working from the main router?

Are you able to ping the router or access points from your computer?

BasilDV

jilagan
Level 2
Before rebooting the router, did you try to reboot the access points first, then test the connection? Yes but was still not able to connect and had to reboot the router for wifi to work.

Have you tried to enable the wifi of the main router and connect to it to confirm that the internet wasn't working from the main router? Yes

Are you able to ping the router or access points from your computer? Yes

Ping Statistic for IP address
Packets: sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum =0ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms

Is there any chance that a setting needs to be changed in the router? IP lease times, or is it worth reserving IP addresses?
Ahra_G

Ping results look okay, @jilagan.

Send in your TPG username or customer ID via PM so we can also check your connection on our end.