TPG Community

Get online support

VX220-G2v Wi-Fi 5ghz

adamjoliver
Level 3
About 6 months ago, I replaced my Archer vr1600 as wifi died. Lasted 4-5 years so it had done its job. TPG sent me a new VX220-G2v v2.0 modem. Every few days, the VX220 experiences issues with 5ghz band only. Connection appears connected but there is no internet. I am still able to connect using the 2.4ghz band. To fix the problem, I join 2.4ghz wifi network, advanced, wifi 5ghz, change a setting, save and 5ghz wifi band restored. Second VX220-G2v in six months. Logged with TPG sent another modem, same issue with 5ghz. Is a firmware patch/ update available?
21 REPLIES 21
BasilDV

Hi @adamjoliver

We'd like to confirm if we are looking at the correct account and see what we can do to resolve this.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

pangreek
Level 3

I have  the same issue with Adamjoliver ,2.4 ghz works but 5g no internet connection ,

BasilDV

Hi @pangreek

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Are you getting the error on all of the devices connected to the 5GHz network?

BasilDV

pangreek
Level 3

Cycled power still not working 

adamjoliver
Level 3
Pangreek, do you also experience this issue?
Shane

Hi @pangreek,

Please perform a factory reset on the modem/router. Let us know how it will go. 

Note: It may take 5-10mins to re-establish the internet. You need to connect to the Wi-Fi using the default network name and password.

Regards,

Cycled power still not working 

adamjoliver
Level 3
I tried factory reset and a new modem, replacing a week old modem.
Shane

Hi @adamjoliver

Could you confirm if Have you tried changing the WiFi channel aside from Auto?

Regards,

I tried factory reset and a new modem, replacing a week old modem.

adamjoliver
Level 3
I’m still experiencing 5ghz wifi issues. 2.4ghz works fine. I’ve tried all the steps suggested, setting wireless channels, power cycle, factory reset etc but 5ghz wifi still has issues. I’ve raised this a number of times where 5ghz wifi being connected but not obtaining an IP. I’m not happy with this modem, it’s the second one of this type. I want a refund for the cost of this modem and a different compatible modem. This level of service is not okay.