TPG Community

Get online support

VX220-G2v Wifi Issue

SOLVED Go to solution
RichoMan
Level 3

I've tried suggestions as per the articles regarding changing channel settings etc... but still getting random wifi disconnections while other devices stays connected.

I think it's time to ditch and replace the TPG provided modem to save myself further frustrations.

Shane

Hi @RichoMan ,

If you have tweaked the wireless settings, you can perform a factory reset on the modem.

Our supplied modem will perform auto-configure for 3-5 minutes. Although all the settings that you changed will go back to factory default settings, including the Wi-Fi network name and password,

Let us know how it will goes.

Regards,

I've tried suggestions as per the articles regarding changing channel settings etc... but still getting random wifi disconnections while other devices stays connected.

I think it's time to ditch and replace the TPG provided modem to save myself further frustrations.

RichoMan
Level 3

Hi @Shane 

Worth giving it a go and hopefully it does the trick. Let's see what happens.

Otherwise I may just go back to my old Archer VR1600v modem until I find a reliable replacement.

Thanks.

Shane

Sure! Hopefully it will help to improve the connection of the Wireless devices Smiley Happy

Shane

Hi @RichoMan,

Just checking how is your connection for the last 24 hours?

Regards,

Hi @Shane

Worth giving it a go and hopefully it does the trick. Let's see what happens.

Otherwise I may just go back to my old Archer VR1600v modem until I find a reliable replacement.

Thanks.

RichoMan
Level 3

Hi @Shane 

Connection has been stable since the modem reset. But then again, it worked like a charm for the first few days when I got it last week then it started playing up. I'll keep an eye for the next few days and let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Shane

Yay! Glad to know that @RichoMan

Feel free to create a new thread in the event you experience another connection issue.

Regards,

Hi @Shane

Connection has been stable since the modem reset. But then again, it worked like a charm for the first few days when I got it last week then it started playing up. I'll keep an eye for the next few days and let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

blakeus101
Level 3

I have the exact same issue everyone else is experiencing. My Archer 1600 was fine.

I have to change a 5ghz setting like band to get internet working on 5ghz again. The SSID is connectable but no internet. Signal strength is fine and I'm next to the router.

I called TPG to report this as it is a brand new router that you made me go onto a 6 month contract and pay $10 for but I am going to have to go back to the Archer until I purchase myself a router that works properly.

The agent on the phone said they didn't know about this and would escalate. I advised this has been happening for years to other people. Same exact issue and they were forced to go back to old archer or new router.

I have collated all the posts i could find and the issue has been happening since at least 2022:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/broadbandboard/message-id/44967

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/VX220-G2v-Wifi-Issue/td-p/126748

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/VX220-G2v-Wi-Fi-5ghz/td-p/123536

(1) VX220-gv2 Wifi Drop - Page 2 - TPG Community

VX220-G2 5ghz wifi band unstable - TPG (whirlpool.net.au)

swalker2
Level 2

I've the same problem, and have had the issue for a year.

I escalated the issue to TPG support but to be honest they were not much help.

Tried switching off band steering and using separate channels for 5/2.4 ghz but found this made the issue worse.

I've given up and was thinking of switching from TPG but have purchased a different router from amazon.

TPG really should acknowledge this issue and consider using different hardware.

Level 2

I am having the same issue - neither wifi nor Ethernet are allowing connection to internet - still connecting to the router but no internet . Extremely annoying , been at it for hours now . Only one out of 8 devices is connecting ( that is a wireless device) the 3 Ethernet devices will not reconnect.