TPG Community

Get online support

VX220-g2v vs EERO 6+, may I know which is better for NBN. I am not sure which one to use.

SOLVED Go to solution
manu5555
Level 3

Any advise is appreciated. Can you please compare these 2 wifi 6 routers and advise. I have FTTP. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @manu5555 . With FTTP, the VOIP home phone, if you use one, connects to the FTTP NBN box, so there is no need to use the TPG-supplied VX220. This unit might lack certain functions that you would expect to be there (removed by TPG when they modify the firmware), or certain functions may not work as expected. There is no user manual.

The Eero is configured by an app so no user manual either.

You can check the manufacturer website for each device for a description of their capabilities.

I would expect the Eero to perform better then the VX220.

If you have one of these units, connect it up and see how it goes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
david64
Level 15

Hi @manu5555 . With FTTP, the VOIP home phone, if you use one, connects to the FTTP NBN box, so there is no need to use the TPG-supplied VX220. This unit might lack certain functions that you would expect to be there (removed by TPG when they modify the firmware), or certain functions may not work as expected. There is no user manual.

The Eero is configured by an app so no user manual either.

You can check the manufacturer website for each device for a description of their capabilities.

I would expect the Eero to perform better then the VX220.

If you have one of these units, connect it up and see how it goes.