TPG Community

Get online support

Vx220-g2v dropping out daily

adamp4285
Level 2
I am another TPG customer having issues with my ethernet and wifi dropping out daily and the only fix is the router reset what router have other purchased to have their fttp working correctly?
4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @adamp4285,

We're here to help sort out your connection. Please send us a private message and we'll go from there. 

-Ahra_G

adamp4285
Level 2

Checking the connection at the nbn box will not help as I loose connection at my wired points as well as wifi without the lights changing on the router or the nbn box the 5g wifi does not connect even in the same room as the router the only fix is resetting the router to connect the devices that are having issues band steering is disabled we have tried to reset the nbn box I am getting a replacement router from tpg but it will be the same vx220-g2v why are so many others having the same issues with the vx220-g2v is this a mass issue meaning the vx220-g2v is a dud?
david64
Level 15

Hi @adamp4285 . You should edit your previous post and remove your personal details. Send your account number to moderator as private message for them to check the connection.

You have band steering disabled.

Do the wifi bands have different names?

Does the 5G signal disappear on your wifi device, or is it still present?

If 5G signal disappears, that's reason enough to replace the unit.

If the 5G signal is present, can you login to router?

When you say "resetting router", do you mean restart from admin menu, or turn off/on, or factory reset and reconfigure?

adamp4285
Level 2
Hi I mean just turning the router off and on the 5g on wi fi is there just will only connect to the 2.4 there is 2 that come up but my wired lan also drops out daily and I turn the wi fi router off to reset