TPG Community

Get online support

When can my VR 1600v2 firmware get updated to the latest version?

wzis
Level 2

13 REPLIES 13
Rica_R

Hi @wzis,

We've seen that your modem has the latest firmware as requested via PM earlier.  Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

wzis
Level 2
If that is the latest, then it is very bad, the modem now can't be used: it keeps drop off and restart. Please find a way to fix it.
Rica_R

Hi @wzis,

I've seen that our Engineers have been in contact regarding the modem and connection status of your account. Our Engineers will keep you posted for updates, thanks. 

wzis
Level 2
I can confirm, our internet connection issue is caused by the firmware update, as the modem now keeps restarting, so even WiFi is not stable, got cut repeatedly.
wzis
Level 2
So, instead of sending a NBN technician to our place to check, you should send us a sim card for us to use, and in the same time, check the firmware, find a solution to fix it.
Rica_R

We've forwarded the request to our Engineers, and they will be updating you with the progress once available. 

wzis
Level 2

If you can't send a SIM to us tomorrow morning, make sure you send a TPG technician to our place to confirm the issue is TPG issue and will try to update the firmware to fix it, or send us a new modem as originally proposed for us to try.

wzis
Level 2
Any update? It's been more than 3 days we have no internet access, can't study, can't work.
Shane

Hi @wzis,

We chased this with our Engineering Team, expect a call from one of our Engineers for the updates within the day.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

If you can't send a SIM to us tomorrow morning, make sure you send a TPG technician to our place to confirm the issue is TPG issue and will try to update the firmware to fix it, or send us a new modem as originally proposed for us to try.

Any update? It's been more than 3 days we have no internet access, can't study, can't work.