WiFi being tracked

caramella40
Level 2
I believe my WiFi is being tracked - appears to be in a yetis gulag area in properties behind me. Some data is on my sons mobile as he feels it is his privacy being invaded. This tracking is a criminal offence. Please help with advice and action, I am NOT technical.
2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @caramella40 . Could you give more detail about your problem. Are you worried that someone is trying to hack into your home wifi to use your internet connection or access your computer? What is the issue with your son's mobile phone?

Wifi has a connection password and uses encryption. You can also hide the wifi name so it can't be seen by other people.

Shane

Hi @caramella40 ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd like to clarify when you say the Wi-Fi is being tracked do you mean someone else is connected the home internet (Wi-Fi)? If so, we can have one of our Technicians contact you and assist you changing the Wi-Fi network name and password.  

Shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

For any Cyber Crime you may file a report here (https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/report) If there is a threat to life or risk of harm, please call 000.

Regards,

@caramella40 wrote:
I believe my WiFi is being tracked - appears to be in a yetis gulag area in properties behind me. Some data is on my sons mobile as he feels it is his privacy being invaded. This tracking is a criminal offence. Please help with advice and action, I am NOT technical.