Wifi/ internet

Hillstwifi
Level 2
The internet was extremely slow, so I tried resetting the modem myself. Now the internet symbol on the modem isn't showing. When I try to login to the wifi on my phone it tells me the password is incorrect . Please help ASAP
8 REPLIES 8
david64
Level 15

If you have pressed the reset button on the router, it will have reset your username and password. You have to login to the router and set them.

The admin password and the wifi names and passwords are on a label on the router.

New Connection Setup Help

Hillstwifi
Level 2
Hi David,

The web address http://192.168.1.1 does not work/ load... therefore we cannot change our account details. Any further instructions?
david64
Level 15

What model router is it?

Turn the router off for a few seconds and back on. Scan for the 2 networks on your phone and connect.

When you use your phone, do you connect to the wifi router using the wifi SSID and password on the label?

In the browser, 192.168.1.1 takes you to a logon screen. The userid and password are on the label, usually admin and admin.

Do you have a computer connected by cable to the router? It avoids the wifi business.

Hillstwifi
Level 2
Model is HG532d.
MAC: C8519543FF50
Yep still not working. It's the IP/ web address in our browsers that don't load. We cannot connect out computer to the modem. Any further suggestions...
david64
Level 15

You are still ADSL then?

On your wifi device, go to the wifi networks display and tap the connection you are using. On Android, this gives some values for the connection. Is the ip address shown 192.168.1.something?

Then, there's the reset button.

Using the Reset Button

Before pressing RESET, Record the WLAN name and password of the HG532d. The
default WLAN name and password are printed on the HG532d cover label.
If you forget the login password to the web management page or could not access the web
management page, use the reset button on the HG532d rear panel to restore the HG532d to its default
settings. Perform this operation with caution. After the HG532d is restored to its default settings, all
custom data and settings will be lost, and the password will be restored to admin.
1. Press the HG532d power button to power the HG532d on.
2. Press and hold the reset button for 6 seconds or more.
The HG532d will restart, which will cause temporary network interruptions.

1. Log in to the Web management page.
2. Select a network connection type and set the network connection parameters.
> If you selected PPPoE or Static, enter the parameters provided by your Internet Service
Provider (ISP) and click Connect.

TPG username and password

Hillstwifi
Level 2
None of this is working. We aren't able to find an u IP address. Please is there a number we can ring to sort this out or have someone come and look at it!?
Hillstwifi
Level 2
The browsers won't let us get on to the 192.168.1.1 up address...
david64
Level 15

I can't think why you can't open that ip address.

You could take the router to a computer (repair) shop. They might be able to resolve why you can't open the ip address. The router doesn't need to be connected to anything.