TPG Community

Get online support

Will Android ever have a native, reliable solution for backups?

MosesKhan
Level 2

ndroid is on version 10 and still has an unreliable backup solution through google drive. For example, I tried backing up my phone last night since the new 10 install is acting buggy and I want to factory reset, but the backup now button is greyed out and the phone did not back anything up to drive while I slept.

Has there been any talk about maybe fixing this, or perhaps it's an error in the OS itself? I know the age old solution is "root and use titanium lol" but I'm talking about a robust, first party solution that comes with the phone out of the box and doesn't need root or ADB.

1 REPLY 1
Mywifeixt
Level 2

Android is on version 10 and still has an unreliable backup solution through google drive. For example, I tried backing up my phone last night since the new 10 install is acting buggy and I want to factory reset, but the backup now button is greyed out and the phone did not back anything up to drive while I slept.

Has there been any talk about maybe fixing this, or perhaps it's an error in the OS itself? I know the age old solution is "root and use titanium lol" but I'm talking about a robust, first party solution that comes with the phone out of the box and doesn't need root or ADB.