TPG Community

Get online support

Wired clients drop out - Wireless is fine? Archer VR1600v

kbad
Level 2

This has happened a few times now and it drives me insane.

All of my wired devices will drop out and disappear from the client list, but the wi-fi will continue to work perfectly.

Rebooting the modem doesn't fix it, but it will randomly resolve itself after a few hours.

Can't find any solutions online - Is this something TPG can help with?

Capture.PNGModem - TPlink Archer VR1600 v2

Firmware - 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

9 REPLIES 9
kbad
Level 2

A factory reset also does not solve the issue

BasilDV

Hi @kbad

Thanks for raising this with us.

Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable? Are you using all LAN ports of the modem/router?

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

tijohnso
Level 2

I am experiencing exactly this problem with exactly this version of code and model of router. Has a resolution been found?? Thank you, tim

Shane

Hey @tijohnso,

Let's go ahead and find out what is happening and get to the bottom of this, could you confirm the troubleshooting you have performed so far?  To better understand the situation, could you send us a PM with your details.

Regards,

I am experiencing exactly this problem with exactly this version of code and model of router. Has a resolution been found?? Thank you, tim

tijohnso
Level 2

network.jpg

tijohnso
Level 2

As you see from this screen shot, none of the wired clients are registered. The troubleshooting thus far has been:

1. Reboot router several times -- problem remains

2. Disconnect and reconnect wired ports and devices (the devices are household devices like Yamaha receivers, Apple TVs, etc) -- none of these devices are accessible via the network (for example the iphone app for the Yamaha receivers on the wifi are no longer able to access the receivers via wire)

3. Attached my MAC to an access point operating in our basement which is connected back to the VR1600 router via ethernet -- there is no access the internet. The MAC gets access to the internet via WiFi no problem.

4. Attached my MAC directly to a LAN port. It connects at a port level. I.e. the router sees the port as "Connected" but no client is registered and there is no access to the internet.

Thank you for your help, tim

Luvo
Level 2

Was this issue solved?  Properly?

Our VR1600V has dropped all three of its WIRED Clients; Mesh controller, TPLINK EOP and Laptop.

Wireless is fine.  All three Ethernet Port LEDs are ON.

As per the OP, everything was fine until........it wasnt.

Luvo
Level 2
I was at my wits-end with this pos, hence in frustration, I posted the above in the hope SOMEONE might help.
In the end, it was ONE ethernet cable or device, that was bringing the entire routers ethernet port system down. I wasnt even looking at that device. Removed that cable and whalla. The rest popped up as they should.

Posted in the vain hope it might help someone else.
BasilDV

Thanks for sharing your solution @Luvo 

Have a good day!