TPG Community

Get online support

how to set up Nokia fastmile 5g gateway 3

SOLVED Go to solution
proavacoda
Level 2

I bought a Nokia router and I was trying to replace my old router with it, but is doesn't work. My internet is NBN, can the router connect NBN? I also checked online, it says the router needs a sim card. This is the first time to know that a router needs a sim card. I need some help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @proavacoda ,

Where did you buy the Nokia fastmile? We do not supply this modem on our NBN service as it is exclusive to TPG 5G home broadband.

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @proavacoda ,

Where did you buy the Nokia fastmile? We do not supply this modem on our NBN service as it is exclusive to TPG 5G home broadband.

Regards,

proavacoda
Level 2

Hi @Shane,

It's a secondhand router. I saw someone was selling this router so I bought it. Can you recommend some routers which work on NBN? I need to buy another one now LOL.

By the way, what's the difference between 5g boardband and NBN. I see 5G has lower price and higher speed.

Sincerely

Shane

Hi @proavacoda ,

No worries, you can have a TPG-NBN modem for $99.95 + $10.00 shipping fee. If you are interested, you can send me a message with your details.

How to send a PM? 

5G Home Broadband is a Fixed Wireless broadband service powered by our 5G network. It's a great alternative to fixed-line broadband services such as the NBN.

On the other hand, NBN is powered fixed-line fibre optic cable.

For more details you may check the link below. 

All About TPG Home Wireless Broadband

proavacoda
Level 2

Hi @Shane 

Thanks for your reply. I would sent you a message if I want to buy one.

Sincerely

Shane

Sure, @proavacoda

We're always here in the event you'll need assistance to purchase a new modem.

Regards,

david64
Level 15

Hi @proavacoda . If your Nokia has an ethernet WAN port, you can try to configure it for your NBN connection. This might only be posible on Gateway 3.2 model.

Do factory reset, login and try configuring. 

Settings are PPPoE, username and password.

Special setting is Ethernet preferred to use EWAN rather than cellular.

You have to specify that the "WAN" port will be the WAN port, not LAN port.

It also has VLAN setting if you have Bundled NBN/VOIP plan, VLAN ID 2, but not if you have NBN FTTP connection.

Nokia has a user manual. Search for nokia fastmile 5g gateway user guide

proavacoda
Level 2

Hi @david64 

I checked the model of my router, unfortunately, it's 3. There is no ethernel wan button so that the Lan port can't be set to ethernet prefered. Anyway, thanks man.

Sincerely