modem upgrade

clmcg
Level 2

Our modem/router is a Huawei home Gateway model HG659, provided when we upgraded our internet subscription with TPG to NBN. Over recent months the wifi range around the house has decreased, such that areas that previously had good signal now have none. My understanding is that routers more than 3 or 5 years old deteriorate and should be replaced. What steps do I need to take to have our modem/router replaced/upgraded?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi clmcg,

The Wi-Fi range could decreased due to possible interference, we can improve the Wireless connection by simply tweaking the Wi-Fi network. You may change the Wireless Channel to,1, 6 and 11. For more details you may check the articles below. 

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

On the other hand, you can get a new modem/router for $99.95 + $10.00 shipping fee, if you wish to speak with our Accounts Team for more details send us a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also your contact details.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Our modem/router is a Huawei home Gateway model HG659, provided when we upgraded our internet subscription with TPG to NBN. Over recent months the wifi range around the house has decreased, such that areas that previously had good signal now have none. My understanding is that routers more than 3 or 5 years old deteriorate and should be replaced. What steps do I need to take to have our modem/router replaced/upgraded?