TPG Community

Get online support

moving house FTTC to FTTN

SOLVED Go to solution
rankenburg
Level 2

Hi we're moving house from existing NBN FTTC to new FTTN. I understand that I can't use the NBN FTTC modem/router solution that I currently have. You told me on the phone to just plug in the modem to activate the new connection. Does my current TP LINK VX220-G2v purchased through TPG work properly, or do I need an upgrade? We are using phone over internet.

Regards, kai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @rankenburg . When you move, the white NBN box stays with the house. The VX220 goes with you. It's fine on the new connection.

When you move, the VX220 connects using a telephone cable between DSL port and wall socket.

Comparing to my VR1600, go to Advanced, Network, DSL. Select the interface, like pppoe_ptm_2_0_d with a VID of 2.  Check it has your username and password.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
david64
Level 15

Hi @rankenburg . When you move, the white NBN box stays with the house. The VX220 goes with you. It's fine on the new connection.

When you move, the VX220 connects using a telephone cable between DSL port and wall socket.

Comparing to my VR1600, go to Advanced, Network, DSL. Select the interface, like pppoe_ptm_2_0_d with a VID of 2.  Check it has your username and password.