TPG Community

Get online support

vr1600v wifi Terrible!

WastedLettuce
Level 2

Been on the NBN for 4 weeks now and have been through two TP-Link VR1600v modems.  First modem was faulty and would not provide Wi-Fi unless you were 20cm's close.  The second modem worked for a short time and then regular wi-fi drop outs occurred for no reason at all.  It's definitely not a channel or interference issue as I have verified this (I work as a network engineer managing a very large Wi-Fi network).  Is anyone else experiencing similar issues with these modems? 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @WastedLettuce ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, I'd like to confirm if you have been in contact with our Technical Support about this faulty modem. If not yet, please send me a private message with your account deatils (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time, I will coordinate this with our Team for investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@WastedLettuce wrote:

Been on the NBN for 4 weeks now and have been through two TP-Link VR1600v modems.  First modem was faulty and would not provide Wi-Fi unless you were 20cm's close.  The second modem worked for a short time and then regular wi-fi drop outs occurred for no reason at all.  It's definitely not a channel or interference issue as I have verified this (I work as a network engineer managing a very large Wi-Fi network).  Is anyone else experiencing similar issues with these modems?