$20 prepaid

isabelzhi
Level 2
Just out of curiosity, while listening to the moderator while purchasing my nbn unlimited WiFi plan with pay per use phoneline, I was told that I’d be charged $20 minimum so that just in case I make a call there will be a sum to be charged from. So I thought ok that sounds reasonable, but was then told that by the end of the contract should I choose to discontinue and this amount was not used the $20 is automatically surrendered to TPG. How does this make any sense? I am also told that more money will be charged from my bank account if this amount dips below $10 my bank account will automatically be charged. So I can’t use all my credit and TPG is getting $10 no matter what? This is ridiculous. If the company wanted to profit more from their packages just add 10 dollars to their installation fee but what is this?
9 REPLIES 9
Riezl

Hi @isabelzhi, the initial $20 pre payment is necessary as the Internet and home phone line rental bundle we are offering you is sold as Pre-paid. As the line we are connecting will be capable of being used as a standard home phone service, the pre-payment will act as a reserve for any calls made that are not included in your bundle selection.

If you choose not to make outgoing calls, then this payment will remain intact with no further payment made towards your monthly service charges.

The $20 pre payment is not refundable but consumable.

hyper10n
Level 2

I have another question regarding the $20 prepaid amount.

What if you stay with TPG and move house?

I paid the $20 for the new NBN installation at my current address but I have just been charged another $20 to move address?

This does not feel correct and more like double dipping (i.e. basically an install/move fee).

Is there any way to NOT have a phone and just naken NBN?

Regard

Graeme Wright

Angeli

Hi @hyper10n ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We've managed to pull up your account using your community details and we've seen here that you have been billed $20 home phone prepayment outside included value since the phone number will be changed by the time that your relocation gets completed. Need not to worry as the unused phone prepayment from your old phone number will be credited on your account and can be used for future payments.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Angeli

hyper10n
Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me @Angeli 

Would it be possible to NOT charge the extra $20 as I have no intention of using the prepaid phone at all (or ever).

So I would rather retain the minumum of $20 (not be charged another $20 to bring the total to $40 - none of which I will ever use)?

Pleas let me know.

Thanks.

Angeli

Hi @hyper10n 

Thanks for writing us back.

The $20 home phone prepayment has been charged already on your account prior to relocation order submission. If you will not be using your home phone to make an outgoing call, the prepayment amount will sit on your account but it will be forfeited once you cancel the service in the future; hence, we recommend our customers to utilise their phone service. This is included on our standard terms and conditions (http://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/tpg_voice.php) that you agreed.

When the unused $20 phone prepayment from the old phone number has been credited, we can have it refunded to your bank account, this is if the system will not use this credit to cover the charge for the monthly plan fee.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

hyper10n
Level 2

Thanks @Angeli 

Either of those options would work for me:

1) Use the credit to offset the next bill

2) Return it once the transfer is complete

Angeli

Hi @hyper10n ,

We can have the credit offset to the next bill. Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

Angeli

toshiba12
Level 2

Hi 

I am in the same boat as relocating my nbn connection and having to pay another 20$. Can the existing 20$ be used to offset the next bill?

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @toshiba12

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV