TPG Community

Get online support

5G Internet No Connection

SOLVED Go to solution
Sunnie
Level 3
Hi

I connected to TPG 5G home Internet on 11 Oct. The whole day the internet worked very well. Then when I woke up on 12 Oct, I lost all internet connection.

I rang the technical support in the morning and was told that there was an outage and to try logging in again at 5pm AWST. I tried again at 5.05pm and still was not able to get internet. I rang the technical support again and spoke to RJ who walked me through turning on and off the modem, hard set the modem and restarting my computer. I still could not get any internet connection on my PC which is connected to the LAN line. Strangely enough my mobile phone seems to work using Wi-Fi. I made sure I turned off my Mobile Data to test this.

Another problem I encountered is I am not able to log into the modem now. I put on the username and password as stated at the back of the modem and it kept saying wrong username/password. It worked fine the day before.

RJ said this problem has been escalated and someone will be in touch with me. Can someone please help? It has been a difficult day for me not having an internet connection available for me to work. I did not get a case number so I really hope this has been escalated.

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunnie
Level 3
Hello Shane

Connection has been ok so far. Wifi experienced some drop out at times. Currently it is doing ok tho 🤞🏻. I will update when connection is lost. Cheers

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
BasilDV

Hi @Sunnie

We'd like to check on this further as you've advised that your mobile phone is working with the WiFi.

Have you tried to access the modem interface using your mobile phone?

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number for us to review the case.

BasilDV

Sunnie
Level 3
Hi BasilDV

Tried accessing the modem through my mobile, it does not work. Cheers
Sunnie
Level 3
Hi BasilDV

I would like to add some more info. When I typed in 192.168.1.1 to access the modem nothing showed on the screen. I am able to log into TPG website, TPG community forum website and some others that I tried. However I could not load jetstar.com.au website, it just stays blank (not loading).
BasilDV

HI @Sunnie

Are you using a Windows computer or a MAC?

If via Windows, could you open the CMD prompt and type ipconfig, then hit enter?

Screenshot the result and send it via PM.

BasilDV

Sunnie
Level 3
I’m using Windows. Photo attached
BasilDV

Thank you @Sunnie.

This is the computer that is connected via LAN to the modem/router, right?

If you'll notice the default gateway, it shows a different IP address.

Instead of receiving 192.168.1.1 you are getting the 192.168.0.254.

Could you try to access the 192.168.0.254 on the web browser? Let's see if it's going to direct you to the modem interface.

BasilDV

Sunnie
Level 3
Yes that was the PC that is connected with LAN onto the modem. When I typed in that IP ADDRESS, it comes up with a login page for TP Link Extender. I have a Wifi extender connected to the modem.

I have now unplugged the wifi extender cable from the modem. I leave the LAN cable. The internet on the PC works now. I get very strong Wifi signal close to the modem (5m max), after that no Wifi at all. I am able to get into the modem ipaddress (192.168.1.1)

I plugged back in the wifi extender cable into the modem. The LAN still works fine and the wifi also still works only up to 5m. However the wifi extender does not work at all now.

On the first day I connected, the wifi extender worked fine. I have a long house, it would not work if the modem cannot work with the extender. Can you please advise if there is something wrong with the modem? I spoke to an engineer from TPG today who said he is going to dispatch another modem to me.

Your help is much appreciated.

Sunnie
Level 3
And FYI
This morning when the LAN did not work. I was able to get WiFi connection for ard 15m. Now after 5m , no signal can be detected.
Sunnie
Level 3
Sorry … did not mean to spam u. But I just realized, 2 days ago when connection was good, the light on the back of the modem where the LAN cable and WIFi extender cable were connected, there was yellow light blinking at all times. Now only the LAN Cable is blinking.