TPG Community

Get online support

5G Internet No Connection

SOLVED Go to solution
Sunnie
Level 3
Update… suddenly WiFi goes all the way to the back of the house. It gets weaker towards the back (less than 10mbps). I am still trying to get my wifi extender to work on that part of the house but it still doesn’t work though. Seems like the problem comes from the port at the back of the modem where the extender cable goes in? It still doesn’t have blinking lights. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Shane

We appreciate the additional details, @Sunnie.

We will raise this to our Technical Team to conduct real-time test and investigation to help us identify the possible with the Wi-Fi extender. Could you shoot us a PM with your best contact number and preferred time today.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Yes that was the PC that is connected with LAN onto the modem. When I typed in that IP ADDRESS, it comes up with a login page for TP Link Extender. I have a Wifi extender connected to the modem.

I have now unplugged the wifi extender cable from the modem. I leave the LAN cable. The internet on the PC works now. I get very strong Wifi signal close to the modem (5m max), after that no Wifi at all. I am able to get into the modem ipaddress (192.168.1.1)

I plugged back in the wifi extender cable into the modem. The LAN still works fine and the wifi also still works only up to 5m. However the wifi extender does not work at all now.

On the first day I connected, the wifi extender worked fine. I have a long house, it would not work if the modem cannot work with the extender. Can you please advise if there is something wrong with the modem? I spoke to an engineer from TPG today who said he is going to dispatch another modem to me.

Your help is much appreciated.

Update… suddenly WiFi goes all the way to the back of the house. It gets weaker towards the back (less than 10mbps). I am still trying to get my wifi extender to work on that part of the house but it still doesn’t work though. Seems like the problem comes from the port at the back of the modem where the extender cable goes in? It still doesn’t have blinking lights. Any input is greatly appreciated.

david64
Level 15

Hi @Sunnie . Is this working yet?

What model extender is it?

Can you login to extender and disable DHCP. The extender and devices connected through it will get an ip address from the router.

Sunnie
Level 3
Hi David, no the wifi extender still doesn’t work. It is TP Link TL-WPA7510 (AV1000). I am not sure how to login to the extender. There is a TpPLC app where this extender run on but it no DHCP option
david64
Level 15

@Sunnie . Have you downloaded the user manual from TP-Link? It has instructions for initial setup.

The web interface might be easier to use than the app.

This model is a power line extender with a cental unit connected to your router and a remote unit plugged into a power point.. The two communicate via the house electrical wiring.

The central unit and remote unit generate their own wifi networks or extend the router networks.

Login to extender web interface. Address is 192.168.0.254 as you've seen before.

Go to Device Settings, LAN Settings.

Set LAN type to  Static.

IP Address  192.168.1.2       (this is the address to use in future to login to extender)

Subnet Mask    same

Default Gateway  192.168.1.1     (the router)

Connect extender main unit to router.

You should see the router wifi names and the extender wifi names on your wifi device.

You can turn off router wifi and use just the extender wifi. Or, plug in the remote unit where you need extra wifi coverage.

Sunnie
Level 3
Hi David
Thanks for your response.

The instruction manual that came with the Wifi extender basically just gives instruction on how to Pair the modem to the Wifi Adapter. And how to clone Wifi signal onto the Wifi Extender.

Currently I am able to see the Router Wifi and Extender Wifi on my device, but there is no Wifi signal. I will try your suggestion to get into the Wifi Extender Web Interface tomorrow. I will give update once I’be tried it out. Cheers
Shane

Hi @Sunnie,

Could you confirm the lights that we have on the modem/router? If the Wireless devices are showing it is possible that its the connection itself.

Regards,

Hi

I connected to TPG 5G home Internet on 11 Oct. The whole day the internet worked very well. Then when I woke up on 12 Oct, I lost all internet connection.

I rang the technical support in the morning and was told that there was an outage and to try logging in again at 5pm AWST. I tried again at 5.05pm and still was not able to get internet. I rang the technical support again and spoke to RJ who walked me through turning on and off the modem, hard set the modem and restarting my computer. I still could not get any internet connection on my PC which is connected to the LAN line. Strangely enough my mobile phone seems to work using Wi-Fi. I made sure I turned off my Mobile Data to test this.

Another problem I encountered is I am not able to log into the modem now. I put on the username and password as stated at the back of the modem and it kept saying wrong username/password. It worked fine the day before.

RJ said this problem has been escalated and someone will be in touch with me. Can someone please help? It has been a difficult day for me not having an internet connection available for me to work. I did not get a case number so I really hope this has been escalated.

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

Sunnie
Level 3
Tried it this morning. Still did not work
Sunnie
Level 3
Hi Shane

The lights on the front of the modem is showing 5 bars, at times 4 bars.

The light at the back of the modem (ports) where the LAN cables are connected only has 1 light, that is the LAN to the PC. The LAN to the Wifi extender adaptor is connected has no light
david64
Level 15

@Sunnie . Plug the PC cable into the port for the extender. Does the light come on or stay off.? (Does the PC still work?)

Do you have another ethernet cable to try for the extender?

Disconnect the PC from its cable and connect the extender. Does the light come on?

Also, connect the PC using the extender cable. PC still ok or not?