TPG Community

Get online support

A huge complaint & Request for a cancellation with FULL REFUND

catherinema4
Level 2

To. TPG,

I would like to cancel my nbn service (that I never have received), with the FULL REFUND of all my payment, $369.99. This is due to TPG's terrible work process and customer service, hence I would like to make it clear that I'M NOT ENTITLED TO PAY THE CANCELLATION FEE for this request.

Read the details below.

1st Oct
- he said there is an ongoing promotion for all existing customer 'NBN25 for $59.99' so I can sign up with 'NBN12 for $59.99' and then once the installation is complete, I can call TPG again to request for the promotion, then they will upgrade my service to NBN25

5th Oct
- The modem was not delievered as per the promised date, so I called TPG to check the progress
- but then I noticed James has put the wrong address when I signed up, he wrote completely different address in Dubbo, where I'm living in Sydney
- I talked with another staff from TPG and she suggested to cancel that account and then sign up with the new account, as it would be easier and faster to correct this issue
- I was told the payment of $369.99 that I paid for the old account will be transferred to the new account I signed up, only after the old account cancellation is processed completely and then they can dispatch the modem after they check the transfer of money
- I was concerend that it will take even longer then.
- the staff said she has put the request for the 'immediate cancellation' so it will take short

6th Oct
- received an email saying that the modem has been dispatched but it was dispatched to the wrong address in Dubbo
- TPG staff called me and then explained that they decided to keep my old account and then just change the address to the correct one, and cancel the new one
- she said she had put the request to Star Track for the redirection of the modem, so that it could be delivered to the correct address

7th Oct
- when I tracked the modem delivery online, it still said the delivery address as Dubbo
- I called TPG and explained
- they said they requested Star Track for the redirection request but did not get a reply back from them yet, and suggested me to call them too
- I called Star Track and asked, they said they didn't receive any request from TPG (so TPG lied to me)
- I requested for the redirection and gave them the correct address
- Star track told me to ask the sender (TPG) for the new consignment number as it is redirected and they cannot give the number to me

11th Oct
- I called TPG and asked if I can talk with my case manager and I was told that she finished early that day, so he will leave a note for her to call me back on the following day, but I didn't get a call on the following day.

12th Oct
- received a call from Australian post office that the modem is ready to be picked up in Dubbo (Seriously I got really made at that point)
- I told him that I'm in Sydney and we requested the redirection
- he said he can send it back to me, but now it would take another few days, because it has to go through again every single stage of the postage
- I called Star Track, explained the situation and asked for the quick delivery
- called TPG and complained, they said the special technician will get back to me by the end of the day, but again, it never happened
- when I called them back, they didn't answer

13th Oct
- called TPG to request that I'd like to pick up the modem from Ryde, where TPG company is, as it takes 30 mins drive from my place.
- but they didn't allow due to the COVID restriction, they only do the delivery
- I told them that I don't want to go with TPG anymore, because of the poor quality of work done, poor customer care service
- the staff I talked with, said just trust them once more and give them one more chance. instead of cancelling, they would offer me 'NBN25' for $59.99 for me going through these hassell over the last 2 weeks
- but I knew that this is an ongoing promotion for the existing customer anyways, so I would've gotten it even without going through all these issue
- I requested to send me a new modem directly from Ryde and TPG collect the one which is coming from Dubbo, as it would be faster for me to get the new one
- she sais she would request for the dispatch of another modem so whichever one (the new one from TPG and the old one redirected from Dubbo) comes first, I can receive, and also the return of my delivery fee
- I requested her to send me a written confirmation of what she said she would do for me, via email, because I have spoken with a few staff members from TPG that they say something they would do, but it never happened
- she said she will email me right now, and then we hung up
- I never received any email from her whatsoever

16 Oct
- received the text message saying that the parcel will be delivered before the close of busineess today, so I stayed home the whole day, but nothing came

18 Oct
- received the text message that my parcel is awaiting collection from my local post office as specified on the card left at my premises
- but there was no card left at my premises, neither in the doorway, nor in the mailbox
- checked again in the evening, nothing in the mailbox

I AM OVER IT WITH TPG WHO CONTINUES PROMISING THINGS WHICH NEVER HAPPENS. I'VE DONE ENOUGH, I HAVE BEEN TRYING MY BEST TO BE PATIENT WITH TPG. IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE SENSE THAT IT TAKES MORE THAN THREE WEEKS TO GET AN NBN SERVICE AND MODEM WHEN I'M LIVING IN SYDNEY METRO.

I AM FORMALLY REQUESTING FOR A CANCELLATION OF THE SERVICE WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN STARTED ANYWAYS, DUE TO THE LOST OF ALL THE TRUST WITHIN TPG. AND OF COURSE I'M NOT ENTITLED TO PAY THE CANCALLEATION FEE BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING WRONG DONE FROM MY END, IT'S ALL THE RESPONSIBILITY OF TPG. I WOULD BE WAITING TO GET YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL ON THIS.

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @catherinema4

We regret to learn that you wish to cancel the service. Having read through your experience is certainly not the type we aim to provide. 

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details. Recent update on the account indicated that your complaint was received and is being assessed by a Complaints Resolution Case Manager. 

The officer is assigned as a sole point of contact and will be reaching out towards a resolution. 

Further updates regarding your concern will be communicated via email or phone call.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Regards,

Ahra_G